Why Should I Have My Upholstery Cleaned After the Holidays?January 7, 2021 1:54 am Leave your thoughts
Even if it hasn’t been long since your last upholstery cleaning, getting it cleaned after the holidays is a smart idea. Whether you’ve had visitors, your cleaning is overdue or you just want to give yourself a fresh start going into the new year, upholstery steam cleaning in San Fernando Valley, CA is the gift that keeps on giving. Renew your beloved furniture and make your home smell fresh when you schedule a cleaning appointment today.
Here’s why cleaning your upholstery after the holidays is a good idea:
- Get rid of contaminants: Dust, fleas, bacteria, mold, pet dander and allergens can all get trapped in upholstered furniture. Not only is that gross, but if you have allergies or respiratory problems, it can adversely affect your health. Steam cleaning is especially great for this because the moisture penetrates the fabric and stuffing to kill microbes. Your furniture will be sterilized as well as refreshed and renewed.
- Clean up stubborn stains: Even if you’re keeping your holiday celebrations to a minimum, stains happen. Between children, pets and unfortunate red wine accidents, your pristine white couch may end up looking more like a Jackson Pollock piece. Depending on the specific piece of furniture, your at-home cleaning techniques might not solve the problem. Take the opportunity to let professionals treat your upholstery with their specialized brand of TLC—you’ll be glad to sit on stain-free furniture.
- Extend your furniture’s life: Good furniture is an investment, so you’ll want to keep it looking nice as long as possible. Unfortunately, when you’re hosting guests or have pets and children, it can undergo a lot more wear and tear than you might expect. The nicer your furniture looks (and smells), the longer you can hang on to it. Save your money by taking care of your upholstery—you won’t regret it.
- Eliminate unpleasant odors: Upholstered furniture is comfortable, but it can absorb and hang on to odors indefinitely. Even if you can get stains out of the fabric, they’ve usually soaked deep down into the stuffing. That’s why you can clean your couch and it’ll still smell like pet urine a month later. Steam cleaning penetrates deep to get rid of unpleasant odors, so your home looks and smells fresh longer.
- Make your home look beautiful: Last but not least, upholstery cleaning can make your furniture look as beautiful as it did when it was new. Over time, it’s easy to miss how dirty and dingy your furniture gets—dirt, spills, fabric dye and pet messes can all slowly build up. You probably don’t realize just how dirty your favorite armchair really is.
If you’ve been slacking on professional upholstery cleaning, the down time after the holidays is the perfect time to get into the habit. You’ll love your fresh furniture so much, it’ll be easy to stay on track in the future.
For professional upholstery cleaning in San Fernando Valley, CA, reach out to Valley Carpet Cleaning today. We’d be glad to schedule service and tell you more about what we can do for your home.
Categorised in: Upholstery Cleaning
This post was written by Writer