Because it’s soft underfoot and comes in a variety of styles and colors, carpeting is one of the most popular choices for flooring in homes and commercial settings. But just like other types of flooring, carpeting requires some TLC to look its best.
This post will cover what you should and should not be doing when it comes to rug cleaning in Northridge, CA.
Let’s start with the things that all carpet owners should be doing. Follow these pointers to ensure your carpeting lasts for years and looks its best 24/7:
- Hire a professional cleaner: Our first tip is to hire a professional cleaner at least twice a year. Routine cleanings will breathe new life into your carpeting, ensuring it looks great for years.
- Vacuum regularly: In between pro cleanings, break out your vacuum and get to work. In addition to lifting soil, vacuuming fluffs the fibers and gives your carpet a fresh look.
- Treat stains right away: Spills and stains are inevitable, especially if you have kids or pets. Be sure to treat those stains as soon as possible to reduce the risk of them becoming permanent.
- Blot or use short strokes: You always want to blot those stains or use short strokes when it comes to carpet cleaning in Northridge, CA. These techniques help lift the stain instead of grounding it further into the rug.
- Invest in mats: Family members and guests are sure to track mud or dirt into your home. To help save your carpeting, lay down protective mats at each entrance.
Knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what you should do. Avoid these things to keep your carpeting in tip-top shape for as long as possible:
- Ignore stains and spots: Covering up stains with a rug or turning a blind eye to them altogether is much easier than cleaning them—but that’ll just make your carpet look horrible! Hire a pro for carpet cleaning in Northridge, CA to remove any unsightly stains.
- Clean with harsh chemicals: Bleach, turpentine, vinegar and other chemicals are certainly capable of lifting stains, but these (and other) harsh chemicals can discolor the carpeting and permanently damage the fibers.
- Drag furniture: Rearranging a room’s furniture is common for homeowners. When doing so in a carpeted room, be sure to lift the pieces instead of dragging them. Dragging furniture can tear the fibers or leave permanent drag marks on the carpet.
- Paint your nails near the carpet: It goes without saying that good nail polish isn’t meant to come off easily—that goes for fingers and any surface it touches! Be sure to paint your nails far from the carpeting to avoid permanent stains.
Is it time to have your carpet cleaned?
If it’s been a while since you’ve hired someone to care for your carpeting or if it’s looking a little dingy, then hire our team at Valley Carpet Cleaning. Contact us today to get an estimate for your rug cleaning in Northridge, CA.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer