The tile flooring around your house can be a stunning feature that’s attractive to your family and your guests. It can help keep the house cool in hotter temperatures, while also providing a durable walking surface, but sometimes even tile reaches a point where it needs to be replaced. Read on for some tips about knowing “when to say when” and spotting the signs that your tile needs to be replaced:
- Discolored grout: The cementitious material between your tiles is called grout, and it can become stained over time, especially in high-traffic areas like bathrooms and kitchens. It’s porous, so it unfortunately also does a good job soaking up liquids of all types, including ones that can stain it. Since it’s virtually impossible to clean once it reaches this point, badly discolored grout can be a sign that you should replace your tile flooring.
- Mold: Spotting mold anywhere in your home can be a stressful experience. You need to find the source of moisture to address it, and you might get understandably nervous about whether anyone in the home has gotten sick from breathing it in. Mold can work its way into tiles through cracks, particularly in traditionally damp areas such as bathrooms and kitchens, and its presence can be a sign that it’s time to replace your tile flooring.
- Stained tiles: Many tiles, especially more porous designs, can become very hard (if not impossible) to clean over time. These stains can really become unsightly, so if they’ve built up for a while and are not responding to even the most vigorous of cleanings, it might be time to consider replacing them.
- Broken tiles: Broken tiles, especially those in high-traffic areas, can present a real hazard to people in your home. They can easily trip people up, and a broken tile problem can easily snowball, as the tiles are less secure and stable, which makes them increasingly susceptible to further breakage.
- Aesthetics: Sometimes a sign that your tile needs to be replaced boils down to you just not liking it anymore. This is a perfectly valid reason! Styles change, as do your own personal tastes, and our professional team is ready to help you realize your new vision, no matter what it may be.
- Incorrectly placed tiles: It can be disheartening to move into a new place and realize that the previous owners hired the wrong people for a major project. With tile flooring, this can manifest as incorrectly placed tiles. These are not only unsightly, but can also present the opportunity for water and dirt to become lodged within them.
- Sagging or buckling: If you spot sagging or buckling in your tile floor, that’s a sign there might be greater issues at work. The subfloor might be deteriorating thanks to water leakage, or the culprit might be something else entirely. No matter the reason, this is a glaring sign that your tile needs to be replaced as soon as possible by a professional who can diagnose and solve the problem.
If you think that your tiling is showing some of these signs that it needs to be replaced, give Valley Carpet Cleaning a call today to schedule your consultation. We’ve been working with both commercial and residential customers since 1989, so you can rest assured there’s no tile problem we haven’t seen.
Categorised in: Tile Flooring
This post was written by Writer