Carpeting is a fantastic option for many rooms in your home. It’s comfortable underfoot, it’s affordable and it comes in almost any style or color you can imagine. Carpet does, however, have a tendency to stain, especially if you have pets or kids running around your home. The good news is that we’re here to help. Continue reading to learn some tips about preventing those stains with help from your carpet cleaning services in San Fernando Valley, CA:
- Spray a stain resistant treatment: Wouldn’t it be nice if spilled liquids didn’t soak into the carpet fibers? Make that dream a reality by treating your carpet with a stain-resistant spray. Many new carpets come pre-treated, but you can also have them treated after installation. You can pick up these products at your local hardware store and handle your carpets yourself, or you can hire a pro to take care of the job for you.
- Vacuum regularly: Even if your carpets are treated, dirt and grime can still settle into the fibers, which will eventually turn into stains. Ensure that doesn’t happen by vacuuming your carpet on a regular basis. You don’t have to do it every day, but try to do it at least once a week. Regular vacuuming will also stimulate the fibers to keep your carpet looking great—it’s a win-win!
- Clean up spills right away: Try as you might, you’re bound to spill food or beverages on your carpet from time to time. Be proactive and clean up those messes as quickly as you can. Gently dab any spilled liquid with a paper towel, and be sure that you’re not rubbing the stain in. It’s also a good idea to pick up crumbs as soon as you notice them, so they don’t get ground into the carpet.
- Take off your shoes: You undoubtedly have some house rules that you want everyone to follow. Add “no shoes” to that list! Having everyone take off their shoes at the front door prevents outside dirt from getting tracked all through your home. Removing shoes also protects the carpet from further damage caused by hard soles.
- Lay down some rugs: You can reduce the possibility of stains by putting rugs on top of your carpeting. We recommend laying rugs under your dining table (or anywhere you eat), as well as in high-traffic areas like your living room or entryway. As a bonus, rugs add a sense of style to any room in your home. You can transform the look of your whole house simply by picking up some unique rugs.
- Have them professionally cleaned: Though this tip doesn’t necessarily prevent stains, it does ensure that your carpets stay looking great! We recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year to eliminate all of those nasty stains and keep your home looking as good as possible.
Are your carpets full of stains from pets or your kids’ accidents? Have no fear, because Valley Carpet Cleaning is here! Our excellent customer service and competitive prices make us one of the top carpet cleaning services in San Fernando Valley, CA. Give us a call today to learn more about our current carpet cleaning specials.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer