Carpets don’t last forever. Even if you follow the manufacturer’s cleaning and care recommendations, your carpet will still need to be replaced at some point. Knowing when that day comes isn’t always easy, though. Some carpets may look like they need to be tossed, but in reality, they actually just need help from a carpet cleaning service in San Fernando Valley, CA. Continue reading to learn when you need to get rid of your carpet or when you simply need to call a pro to clean it.
Signs you should clean
Let’s start with cleaning. Hire a professional cleaner instead of replacing your carpet if any of these apply to you:
- It’s been a while: The timeline for professional cleaning depends on the type of carpet you have, the color and the amount and type of use it gets. That said, experts still recommend having it cleaned once a year. Hiring a professional cleaning service can extend the lifespan of your carpet, remove ground-in dirt and allergens and make your home smell and feel fresh.
- Allergy problems: As we just mentioned, professional cleaning removes the ground-in allergens from your carpet. Regularly vacuuming your carpeting can lift some pet dander, dust, pollen and other allergens, but it won’t help as much as professional cleaning. If you’ve noticed a runny nose, watery eyes or any other signs of allergies, call a professional cleaning service as soon as possible.
- Deep stains: Stains that aren’t cleaned or blotted immediately can seep down into the fibers where regular cleaning agents can’t touch them. Pet stains, red wine, juice and spilled ink are a few of the most common sources of these stains. Though your store-bought cleaner can’t lift the stain, a professional can! Keep in mind that the sooner you call to have the stain removed, the better.
Signs you should replace
Even the best carpet cleaning service in San Fernando Valley, CA can’t save some carpets. Cut your losses and replace it if your carpet is showing any of these signs:
- Permanent stains: Some stains can seep deeper than the carpet itself. If that’s the case, even a pro can’t help! If your professional cleaner can’t lift the stain, we recommend tossing your carpet and buying a new one.
- Awful odors: Professional cleaning should also remove all odors from your carpeting. Unfortunately, homeowners who wait too long to schedule a cleaning could be out of luck. If the odor-causing spill or stain seeps below the carpeting, you’re advised to replace it.
- Worn padding: Carpet padding makes your carpet feel soft and comfortable underfoot. But if it’s worn out, the carpet is no good! Even if your carpet smells and looks as good as new, replace it if the padding is worn down or the carpet isn’t as comfortable as it once was.
Call Valley Carpet Cleaning today!
If your carpet exhibits any of the signs that it needs a deep clean, or if it’s been over a year since you’ve had your carpet cleaned, then hire our carpet cleaning service in San Fernando Valley, CA. Our safe and eco-friendly cleaning solutions will have your carpet looking as good as new in no time at all.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer