Hardwood floors add beauty and value to every home. If there is one downside to them, though, it’s that they’re harder to care for than some other flooring materials. On top of routine maintenance, which we’ll cover below, it’s useful to hire hardwood floor cleaners in San Fernando Valley, CA once a year to clean your floors.
This post will cover all of the reasons to have your wood floors cleaned every year, and additional steps you must take to preserve their appearance:
- Restore natural beauty: Professional cleaners use a high-quality protective finish that returns your floors to their natural appearance. Even if your floors are a few decades old, a professional cleaning can make them look brand new.
- Prevent everyday damage: Scuffs, scrapes and dirt accumulation all come with the territory when you have hardwood flooring, especially if there are kids or pets running around your house. Professional cleaners can help guard against that damage thanks to their protective finish. So, not only will your floors look new and shiny, they’ll be safe from damage for the foreseeable future.
- Save money on refinishing: Experts recommend having your hardwood floors refinished every 10 years or so to keep them looking their best. Unfortunately, this is a costly procedure! Yearly professional cleaning delivers similar results without costing thousands of dollars.
As mentioned above, hiring professional hardwood floor cleaners in San Fernando Valley, CA every once in a while won’t cut it. Here are a few of the things you need to do in between professional cleaning appointments:
- Sweep: Regular sweeping and dusting is a must. Even if you can’t see the dirt and tiny debris on the ground, it could still be scratching up your wood floors. Additionally, any dust buildup on the floors can impact allergy sufferers. Sweeping, particularly in high-traffic areas, can solve both problems!
- Mop: Mopping your floors is another key to ensure they look their best. That said, you need to be careful—cleaners that aren’t specifically designed for hardwood floors leave a glossy and unnatural-looking sheen on the wood. Always purchase floor cleaners made exclusively for hardwood.
- Buff: Once your floors are nice and clean, use a microfiber cloth to buff them. Gently buffing your floors removes any remaining dirt while giving the wood a nice shine. You don’t have to buff them each time you clean, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.
- Use rugs: This one doesn’t pertain to cleaning, but it’s just as important as all the items mentioned above. Lay rugs down throughout your home to protect from all sorts of scratches and dirt accumulation. We recommend purchasing rugs for the entryway, living room and any other room in your house that sees a lot of foot traffic and activity.
Hire the best floor cleaners!
Your hardwood floors deserve top-of-the-line care, so call the best hardwood floor cleaners in San Fernando Valley, CA. Contact our professionals at Valley Carpet Cleaning today to ensure your floors stay in tip-top shape for years to come.
Categorised in: Floor Cleaning
This post was written by Writer